Revlon - Customer service is terrible and very rude

I havee been using Revlon's products for many years.

Recently, I used Revlon Colorsilk #30 hair dye, a dark brown. My hair is medium brown. It turned out black. I have had great succes with hair dye over the years, and have alot of experience in using it.

When I called customer service about this, I was treated poorly ... twice ... two different reps .. who essentially blamed me for what happened. I asked for help in resolving the issue and the advice was to use a baking soda with dandrufff shampoo. I looked up this method and it is considered to be very bad for the hair as baking soda has a very high PH. Burns the hair! I called back to tell them and the second time, I was, again treated poorly.

I am still upset about this. It is so wrong to treat customers this way. By the way, I looked up reviews of this particular color (dark brown) and quite a few people said it turned their hair BLACK.

Revlon refused to do anything and both reps blamed me. No way will I ever again use their product.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: The dye cost me $10.00. The fix will be a visit to a beauty salon. Revlon was unable to offer a product to fix this..

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 10.

Revlon - Review about Hair Dying

The color i got number 71 same as always did nothing to my hair at all color did not change ive never had a problem with this color ever so why now it was a waste of money and time

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 19, 2014.

Revlon - They just wont replace this product. This just stinks.

I bought a Revlon eye liner one of those wind up eye liner at edgars eastgate on Friday 18 May and on Thursday 24 May when I opened it, it was empty. This eye liner was sealed with a ticky tape I even struggled to open it.

I went back to the store on 26 May to try and get it replaced but was told that I should have brought it back two days later after I bought it, right now they cannot do anything about it. I mean really how was I to know that it was empty. The lady at the store told me that they cannot prove that maybe I broke it and now I'm trying to replace it. I mean why would I drive all the way to lie about this.

I bought this eye liner for R120 and it is a great deal of a lot of money especially because this eye liner last me almost 2 months but that's besides the point. My point is that some companies are not for the customer, they really don't care about customer service I mean they could not replace a R120 worth of an eye liner evenbig things like vars get replaced at times. And the sales lady and some manager that she called were just too quick to dismiss me.

I lodged a complaint with this company and I'm hoping that they do something about this. I'm soooooo pissed off.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 26, 2012.